Artist will have six weeks to carve their block before the event.
Here’s how to participate (or just come and enjoy the spectacle).
To participate in the Sanford Steamroller Printmaking Event as an artist, there are a few requirements but no prior experience necessary:
C/O L. Vienneau,
452 Via Tuscany Loop,
Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Artist will be informed if they have been accepted into the event by March 7th
- You can carve a block on your own or work with a friend.
- Your plate should be MDF or wood boards.
- It must be ½ inch or 3/4 inches thick and 24” x 24” or 24” x 36”
- Your block may be cut to a shape or stay with the tried-and-true rectangle (shaped plates print better).
- Carvings must be finished by May 1st. Please seal boards with either shellac water-based polyurethane at least 24 hours in advance. Two coats.
- The artists must deliver the plates to Steamroller Event venue before 9:00 am May 2nd. Artists must pick up their plates by 5:00pm May 2rd from venue.
- Artists agree to donate one print for auction. We encourage artists to help with the printing.
Application: AgreementSubmission to this “call for entry” constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant to the conditions set forth in this prospectus. Submitting an application and fee in no way guarantees acceptance into this exhibition. Seminole County Printmakers reserves the right to final curatorial, educational, and installation decisions. Seminole County Printmakers may use your image(s) for marketing purposes and will credit the artist in that case. By submitting work(s) to this call for entry, the artist attests that the work(s) they submit are their original creations. Any artwork not conforming to the submission guidelines set forth will be disqualified. The artist agrees to donate one print for Auction.